Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August 8th A long day of towing to Choteau, MT

We packed up and hooked up first thing in the morning then pulled out of our cramped space in the crowded Fishing Bridge RV Park. At the end of the drive, before we pulled out onto the main road Leon said to me “left or right?” I said “huh? The way to Grand Teton National Park is left.” Leon said he understood that, he just wanted to know if I'd like to detour to Glacier National Park in Montana first. I asked how long it would take us to get there and Leon said it would be about a 2 day run. I said we don't have the time, he said we did. So we turned right instead of left and headed north to Montana and Glacier National Park! We had a long day of towing and we stopped about 80 miles south of the park entrance for the night. I found a city park with a nice campground on www.freecampgrounds.com in Choteau, MT for $8.00 per night where we spent a restful evening after doing our laundry in town.

Note: Choteau City Park has about 10 large and level sites (that I saw), no hookups but it has potable water and a dump station. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring. You will need to use a water thief to fill your fresh water holding tank. Payment is by honor system.

1 comment:

  1. hi m and l , i can't wait to see your pics from GNP.

    ReplyDelete