Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 29th A pretty dull day in Brighton, CO

I had big plans to complete a boatload of laundry in the morning at the campground laundromat but discovered at 8:45am that the park had turned off the water to do some repairs to its water distribution system. After waiting all day the water was finally turned back on this evening at 7:50pm. Hmmmm, I'm not loving this place as its more than rundown, I'm thinking it could be considered a dump with it's nearly empty green colored water swimming pool and rundown, messy trailers (in my row at least) . This is a disappointment to me because it's a Good Sam and AAA recommended park and we're are paying $33.00 a night to stay here. Oh well, it looks like tomorrow will be laundry day. As I had time available (due to not being able to do 4 million pounds of laundry) I planned out the next phase of our trip. Here's the deal: We'll leave Saturday morning and head up to Fort Laramie NM in Wyoming. On Sunday we'll head to the Cody, WY area to stay in a national forest campground for two days before heading into Yellowstone for four nights as I was able to secure a campsite at Fishing Bridge RV Park which is the only full hookup camping area within this national park. Now, we don't need full hookups, in fact I'd prefer not to have them as it's half the cost per night but it was the only campground in the park that accepts reservations that had space available. While I was planning this portion of our trip wicked thunderstorms moved into the area and it started to pour buckets of water. I heard a dog barking and crying at the Airstream next to me and realized that the dog's owners were not at their site and the dog was tied up outside without any shelter. I went right over and unlinked him from his lead and brought him into my trailer where I toweled him off, gave him some fresh water to drink and had him lay down on a blanket that I placed for him on the floor. He is a nice dog and seemed happy to be out of the rain. After a few hours the sky cleared so I took him back to his site and relinked him to his lead. I wonder if his owners noticed he was dry when they got home..... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment